包含国家名称的英文俚语
在英文的俚语中,有非常多俚语包含著各国的名字,然而这些有趣的俚语究竟代表什么意思呢?包含国家名称的英文俚语?今天讲师Rachna就要带著大家一探究竟。
1.It’s all Greek.
表示听不懂对方说的话,或是看不懂任何字。
Ex. I don’t even know what you’re talking about. It’s all Greek. 我根本不了解你在说什么。
2.Go Dutch.
表示平分价钱,每个人付的钱都一样。
Ex.We went Dutch this dinner. 今天晚餐我们平分价钱。
3.Chinese whispers
表示某些事情只是谣言,捕风捉影,并非事实。
Ex. Don’t believe it. It’s just Chinese whispers. 不要相信。这只是个谣言。
4.Talk for England
表示某人非常多话,很能说。
Ex. She talked for England that made me late for work. 因为她今天太多话,害我工作迟到了。
5.Dutch courage
表示壮胆。
Ex. I need just a shot of Dutch courage, so I could go and ask her for a dance. 我需要喝一杯壮胆,这样我才敢约她跳舞。
6.Pardon my French.
当不小心说出粗话或者是不礼貌的言语时,可以用来表示抱歉,或是表示不好意思。
Ex. I’m sorry for the swear words. Pardon my French. 我很抱歉我说了葬话。请你原谅。
7.A Mexican standoff
用于职场。当两个公司有不同观点,无法合作时,陷入僵局的情况。
Ex. There seems to be a Mexican standoff at the meeting. 这个会议看起来陷入僵局。
8.Slow boat to China
表示某件事情花了太多时间,某件事拖延太久。
Ex. I was just taking this slow boat to China while I was waiting for his proposal to be submitted. 我等他的提案提交过来已经等太久了。
9.Too many chiefs and not enough Indians.
表示一个公司有太多主管,实际做工作的人却不足。
Ex. There seems to be a problem with that company because there are too many chiefs and not enough Indians. 这个公司的问题在于主管太多,但是做事的员工太少了。
给自己一次机会
去创造想要的生活